[中评] 《天佑鲍比/Prayers for Bobby》:A boy is listening

Long before I cried at a shot. Last time it was Bridges over Medison County like 10 years ago, and this time it is Prayers for Bobby. I cried when Mary cannot help quivering and crying herself to die, in huge regret and sorrow. I can feel that pain at that time, like being drowned in ocean of sadness. There was the impulse that I could play instead of Weaver- I would do everything to compensate for my fatal prejudice but there is no chance for me to bring him back to life.

"I know why God didn't heal him, because he is not wrong..." Every single word is said by blood.

It is a story about faith and love - actually the conflict and reconciliation between them. Seeing the first half, it is really difficult to believe that one's faith can be so unreasonable. It is really doubtful what can be brought from that. Love? I will thank god if only not hatred. She regarded her beloved son as a sinful pervert who would go hell. She prayed for him everyday. She felt guilty and miserable. Even more she drew him joining her in being tortured. A combination of sin, devastated self esteem, feeling of being abandoned...if I were Bobby, being that passionate and submissive, I would kill myself, too.

On contrast, the second half is about the reconciliation between love and faith. Bobby's death forced her fiercely to adopt another way to interpret Bible. What a price! She was so devout that only death can make her change - that makes Bobby's suicide inevitable. I can understand her mental struggle and I know that is really painful. U have to reshuffle all u used to believe with the huge grief that no matter what u do u cannot have him back.

The cast is good. Performance given by Sigourney Weaver is convincing. The final shot with rainbow flags which icon gay pride amazingly corresponds with the candles lightend in the end of Milk.

There is a long way for us to go to totally accept LGBT as they are. There will be various obstacles and some of them are so hard that death is due. And there will be hope.

Cannot type Chinese on this very laptop. Sorry for causing unnecessary trouble.

这部片子是很悲伤……
特别是BOBBY打电话给DAVID的那一段……

Perhaps you could translate it in Chinese in order to share for more.

同意楼上

啊,蟹行文字……这个需要翻译,这个laptop不行,就换那个laptop,实在不行desktop c也可以,不然一些同学分享不了抑或懒得分享你的意思。

里面的妈妈演绎得很好

写得很好诶~~~~

我有買原文書來看,賣的很好,之前連國外都缺貨,訂了很久才拿到
書寫的很詳細,建議有興趣的可以買來看,很值得

记得母亲好像说过其实小孩一点毛病都没有。不过其实美国人也没我们想像那么接受homo的

经常听到这部电影 可还没看过唉  如果很悲伤的话 我看我还是算了

OH  MY GOD
BY ENGLISH
BUT  SOUNDS NOT BAD

"I know why God didn't heal him, because he is not wrong..."
现在越来越多的家庭接受了,就是因为这个

幸好还看得懂,这个片子还是很不错的。

我到现在还没看过,不过,我现在就看。。。

比起片子,片尾曲更吸引我!

当初看的时候可是哭死我了,我是一边看一边哭,第二天眼睛都肿得睁不开了

没有裸露的镜头 只是一个故事  说出了一个信教的母亲如何面临同性恋儿子的死所引来对“教”的质疑
I LIKE HOT .

里面的母亲演的非常棒

哭的我大脑缺氧

"I know why God didn't heal him, because there is nothing wrong with my son……"我记得这是原句嘎。。。
我来到你的城市,看看你来时的路

妈妈真的很伟大,“I know why God didn't heal him, because there is nothing wrong with my son”,看完感动得一塌糊涂,哭得很惨。

bobby太不幸,他没有走出自己,当他翻身跳下的那一刻,真是让人痛心

本来就哭的稀里哗啦了,片尾曲一渲染...我都不能自己了...

What I want to say is if you do it in English please do it in a formal way.
采莲南塘秋,莲花过人头。低头弄莲子,莲子青如水。

• 三国群英传私服
  •